1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MMR long block question-for truck

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Jan 20, 2017.

1. yoteehunter

I have a 5.4l Dohc mmr 1500 long block with stage 3r cams that I am going to put in a pick up truck. I was planning on running a 6 speed and running some mile runs. My question is how streetable would this be? Would I be able to pull a trailer or load the truck at all? I'm going for something wild but not wild looking.

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

It will be fine for light towing, just have a nice rich tune with a little less timing. Hell, I towed a crew cab long bed F250 diesel on a 19ft trailer with a supercharged 5.4L F150 when I was in a bind (normally the F250 would be trailering the F150 to shows, but it broke down and needed a tow itself!)