1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

96# inectors overkill?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbod88, Sep 5, 2006.

1. turbod88

i am thinking about getting some 96# injectors for my car wanna know if they will be an over kill.......motor is going to be 316ci,vic jr heads,holley systemaxll intake,70mm throttle body,t67 percision GTQ turbo,1/2 inch rails,-10 feed,-8 return,a1000 or eliminator pump,art AOD,3200 stall,3.55 gears........i will probably run anywhere from 14-20 psi.............can't decide which stand alone i think i am going either big stuff 3 or AEM

Question is are 96's to be to big or not

Thanks for any help

2. white95v6

well everyone i talked to hated the 95s/96s. they said they have a horrible spray pattern. they ilde like crap and the driveability is sorry. they like the 83s more. soo i got the 83s for my v6 and i just turned up the Fuel Pressure up about 12psi.

now that being said. the 83s will support more then your turbo can make. soo the 96s will have no trouble makeing that kinda power with room to grow.

3. wheelie

Go with the 83s, I agree, you will be happier. We have gotten the 83s to work good on the street, even in a radical daily driver type car.

Thanks

4. white95v6

yea my car see's alot of street driveing. 50 miles one way to work. and it has sat in traffic alot. the 83s do great. :2thumbs:

5. turbod88

ok sounds good thanks

which computer would u run the big stuuf 3 or AEM?

6. papis408w

I've seen cars down here idle well w/ 160lb injectors. As long as your using a stand alone I don't see why you would go smaller. Unless your goals will never outgrow the 83's.

7. seirra

i have 96s have no trouble making it idle.

8. wheelie

I run FAST XFI on street cars...although the Big Stuff works well.

Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if you want any more info, thanks Dan

bridal-shoal