1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

missfire under boost need help....

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbo87gt, Apr 22, 2010.

1. turbo87gt

i have a 87 gt with a 70mm turbo. my problem is im having a miss fire once it warms up. at about 5psi it starts missing im not sure what it could be. this is what i have down so far, new tayor 50 wires msd coil, 190 fuel pump 80mm draw therw mass air 42lbs injectors. when its cold it runs great about 8psi but once its warmed up wont make more then 5psi and starts missing. any ideas?????

2. slammed98gmc

what are you plugs gapped at? what ignition are you running ? If you read around here or do a search, you will find that many people have had the same problem and lots of them fix it with gapping the plugs properly for boost.

3. jaredsamurai

Do u have a wideband? give everything you can about your tune and maybe someone can help

4. littlebluefoxbody

You guys need to make a mis-firing under boost question answer sheet.

• Engine combo?
    • Carb / EFI?
    • Turbo?
    • Fuel?
    • Spark Plug Gap?
    • Timing?
    • Ignition?
    • AF's?
    • Anything Forgotten?

5. turbo87gt

i have a cheapo autometer a/f gauge its not very good from what i hear. my plugs are at 30 and my timimg is 18 degrees. stock efi with 80mm draw therw c an l mass air. im runnin autolite 23 plug i no there 2 steps colder going 1 step colder tommorow. my a/f dosnt go lean so i dont thinks its fuel but the gauge could be wrong, im trying to not buy a wideband but i might have to

6. littlebluefoxbody

Try gapping the plugs even tighter. 0.026" - 0.028" Gapping plugs is free in most cases.