1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Microsquirt with IAC Stepper Control

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by DeboDaddy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. DeboDaddy

2. Matt Cramer

The kit on the DIYAutoTune.com site is for use with MicroSquirt Module based devices like the DIYPNP and is not intended for, or at all easy to use with, the standard MicroSquirt.

I have zero experience with the EFI Source box.

3. DeboDaddy

Oh ok. I was unaware that microsquirt module existed. Thanks for the info.

4. wesk

Some one is in the process of releasing a stepper controller that accepts a standard PWM. I purchased 3 to test, and found a small issue. I expect the ones I get at the end of this week will work with the microsquirt fidle output as intended.

The first few I got would "home" the stepper just fine, but it did not react reliably with the a change in PWM (would not move at all, or would move full stroke).

I will update this thread if/when I test them to work.

5. DeboDaddy

Thanks I appreciate it!

6. wesk

works just fine:
    &feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

Connect power, ground, and microsquirt "fidle" (pwm idle) wire. It homes the stepper on power up, and then simply coverts 0-100% duty cycle to either 0-255, or 0-510 steps.

7. DeboDaddy

That's awesome. Where can I get one of these?

8. wesk

This is the guys website, but I am not sure they are "ready" for sale yet. I would just send him an email and ask. If they aren't ready for sale, I could let one of my 3 go if you need one quick:
    http://efi.ttrignition.com/

9. DeboDaddy

Thanks a lot. Email sent.