1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Trying to decide between Sniper and Tweecer

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Kerry, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Kerry

I have been searching for days now aand would like to hear a few comment on the two.

Pros and Cons or just whats nice about the software and nice features??????

I need to order soon.

2. blown99

I have a tweecer and like it. I compared the sniper also, but found less product support for the DIY tuner. The tweecer has a decent forum with some knowledgeable members to help you out. Tweecer is also similar to the SCT tuning, so those guys can help you out a bit too. I was told by a shop that sold both the SCT and the Sniper, that the base sniper software can not change every parameter and should not be recommended for turbo tuning. There is a bit of a learning curve with the tweecer (and any tuning software), and if you don't like the tweecer software you can buy the binary editor (and a few others) to write your tunes with, using the actual tweecer that you already bought.

3. Kerry

Thanks Blown99, I will be tuningmy soons 1999 turbo 4.6 and also have a few other turbo mustangs I'm building for others,

4. blown99

If you are tuning some others then you could look at moates too. I think you can write the tune using tweecer, then burn a chip using the moates chip burner. (So you buy one tweecer, then burn as many chips for as many cars as you feel like with the moates burner, then swap the tweecer to what ever car you will tune with next) I am not 100% sure of the specifics on this though.

5. red95gts

I would also look at the Moates Quarterhorse combined with Engine Analyzer and Binary Editor software. It's a potent package, but just like the Tweecer, there is a learning curve to contend with.

6. Kerry

thanks guys, one thing on the tweecer, it cost around 500 is that for tuning one vehicle or can you buy templetes or something for multi vehicle tuning? I have been building many turbo cars with carb and will start doing more with EFI and want to be able to tune several different stangs.

7. blacksaleen95

for 500 dollars why buy a piggyback? why not go with megasquirt or a used standalone. exponentially better than a stock ecu.

8. LowDime

where can you find a MS with everything for 500? Just asking :chacha:

9. svojohn

+1 :2thumbs: Best money I ever spent. Coming from a person who used the Tweecer for years.

10. BottleFed70

diyautotune.com $420 for the assembled MSII last time I checked.

11. LowDime

then you need the relay board, and wiring pigtails, and threre was something else. i looked and it was like 600, Still not bad.

12. Colt

You dont need the relay board, and you can make your own pig tail... Go further and build your own MS, and your in it very cheap..

I built mine, I did use a relay board but it's fixing to come out, and I made my own harness.. I'm running the harness from DIYautotune right now, mostly because I relocated the MS, and for the limited time I had, I didnt have time to make a new one... Matt ( diyautotune ) is a very helpful guy, there are other MS dealers out there, but Matt is by far the best I've ran across. I've bought all my stuff except the MS2 from him.

You can make it as cheap as you want it to be..

I'm going to piggy back a MS to my Dodge Ram here real soon ( got to keep the factory ECM due to it controling the alternator and such, I could by-pass it, but why bother? ), as soon as MS3 is out I'll be the first in line to get it ( 2 of them actually )... If you let the stock ECM control the pump and all the other stuff, you can just go with MS, tap into the wiring needed and your good to go.. But, it's a steeper learning curve than the others, but it's just as easy as anything else out there ( comparing to stand alone )...

But which ever works, works..