1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

methanol/washer spray OR e85 spray

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 280zex, Oct 26, 2012.

1. 280zex

I currently am using the 50/50 methanol/washer fluid spray for cooling, set to turn on at 5psi. would it be wise to use e85 for possible better cooling over the meth/washer fluid?? I currently have the cooling mist spray kit (EPDM seals) with the 450hp spray nozzle. My max boost is 20psi with a T3/T04E 60 trim on my Datsun 280Z blo thru.

2. leeperryracing

Keep the 50/50 Meth and water mix, it will/should cool a whole lot better than e85 used the same way.

3. half-fast