1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

With wheels up fuel shuts off????

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by mikeg747, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mikeg747

With wheels up fuel shuts off and then the front slams down. :bang: Then it picks back up and goes again. I raised the level in the float bowls much higher than normal to see if that would help but it still does it. Running a Pro Systems Blow through. Any ideas????
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. blown385

Vent whistle missing ? Does it have jet extensions ? Does it have a rear power valve ?

3. Bad Medicine Racing

Do you know for sure that the fuel is shutting down?

4. mikeg747

Vent whisles are in there. Jet Extensions rear only. Both Power Valves blocked off.

5. mikeg747

No that was an asumption. As soon as the front wheels are back on the ground the car takes off again.

6. Bad Medicine Racing

We had my CSU on a car that pulled a strong 60', but without the wheelie. It had a similar problem, and we lowered the front float and cured it. It was sloshing enough out of the vent to create a stumble.

7. 04mx

I also had this problem , I had to put bowl extentions to cure it .

when i left on the T\B it would leave and diesoon after, the w\b would go from low 12's to off the scale lean quickly , if i kept my foot in it you could see the AFR's come back from off the scale lean slowly and the engine would start to recover and pull again to full boost to the end of the track. :huh:

BUT

It didn't do it if I left on the foot brake :huh:

what does the wb say when it does it ?

8. tbird

I agree with fuel slosh out the vent tubes.

9. mikeg747

Tp be honest the gauges was not something I thought to look at. Wheels up is a new thing for me. :shock: Car never hooked this well in the past. Just upgraded to slicks and a Trans Brake.

10. mikeg747

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will lower the floats and give it a try. Sounds logical. :2thumbs:

11. tbird

What bowls are on this carb. Any extensions?

12. mikeg747

I was having lean issues so I installed C & S dual needle & seat bowls. That was not the answer. I changed back to the bowls that came on the Carb.

13. mikeg747

Guys thanks for all the great info. Problem solved. I lowered the float level on the front bowl as suggested. Apparently it was sloshing out the vent causing flooding. Now the wheels come up and it just keeps pulling. Have to shift in to 2nd early so it doesn't come up too high. :2thumbs:

14. Bad Medicine Racing

Good deal, glad it's fixed.

15. mikeg747

Well the problem was fixed and worked great for several weeks. Now for some reason the car started coming up a lot higher and now it dies in the air again. :( Not good.....see vid below. Anyone got any ideas of a solution other than wheelie bars?
    http://youtu.be/xRCvQ96R0gY

16. blown385

Call TRZ . :D

Awesome video ! :eek:

I love this :

17. blown385

haven't googled TRZ in awhile .

:D

18. allmotor65stang

Bad ass cars.Nice videos

19. 10secgoal

Slow the front end rise down, limiters, move the instant center, etc.

20. patl

Car sounds wicked. Love it, good luck. :D