1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Is my setup enough for E85 Couple other Carb Questions....

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by azimm1984, Oct 17, 2011.

1. azimm1984

Hey guys, Picked up a new fox project after a few years of being out of the game... It isn't turbo yet... but its a blow thru procharged car...

It doesnt run to well so Im going to redo as much as I can this winter and see how well it runs.... Would like to convert to E85 first thing...

Mallory 5110FI pump
    Mallory 4309 Regulator.
    Holley 4150 unknown internals..

1/2 line to and from...

306 motor Old style p600b with upgraded internals....

A second Question I Have whoever did the plumbing has a line comming from the bottom of the pump "airbleed"? going into a T into the return line? I Have never seen anything like this any mallory people know if this is normal?

2. BlownShovel

e85 requires more volume than Gas. Some folks have had issues with the 4309 with pressure control and creep with gas (worked fine for me) but throwing e85 in the mix may create issues but give it a shot. Also without knowing the carb mods.. odds are it will not flow the fuel you need with E85 unless you run low boost.

What are your plans, HP and boost, goals?

3. azimm1984

15 psi or under... Id like 500 at the wheels...

I still need to pull the carb apart the jetting sucks as is so Im going to have to figure out whats been done to it...

here is the thing.. with E85 will I benefit much using an intercooler? Right now Im using the procharger intercooler but thought about switching to an incar water to air unit.... otherwise I would just stay 93 octane if my setup can handle 500+ hp

4. BlownShovel

Not sure how hard you have to spin the 600 but many procharged setups using carbs can easily hot your goal w/o an intercooler at all.

5. azimm1984

so e85 or 93 :) really wanted to try e85 but dont wanna have to rebuy all new fuel stuff unless I have too

6. azimm1984

so has anyone else used a mallory 5110 pump?

7. tbird

If its the 5110fi pump it looks like it should work based on the specs.

Definitely need to modify the carb .

8. azimm1984

weird seeing the name Tbird since I used to use that on nearly every forum I was on ahaha anyways....

I was talking to a guy at e85carbs.com he said he can hook me up with all the parts I need to get going at a faily good price.... anyone use them or recommend anyone else?

9. cat herder

10. azimm1984

I will check them out thanks

11. tbird

12. blown385

13. azimm1984

Hate to keep making threads so Ill just ask another question here.... Has anyone had successful results switching to e85 without buying new metering blocks? I was thinking about this....

my Holley 4150

PV Holes drilled to .094
    6.5" PV
    .150 SS needles
    .70/,92 jetting to start with
    .42 squirters

this will be on a single 70mm sized turbo in a 306 low boost