1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need a job.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Kellyo77, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Kellyo77

As of Dec 31, Speedtech Nitrous is no longer a company. We were all laid off. Merry Fucking Christmas.

2. MONTEGOD7SS

I was hoping you all wouldn't get caught up in the Al Anabi pullout. I wish you the best in finding something.

3. revn351

Sorry to hear that,but you got some mad skills so you'll find something fast.

4. Kellyo77

The al anabi pullout wasn't the reason why speedtech closed. It was a whole other truck load of bullshit entirely. I won't get into it but it's safe to say it's crap.

So anyone hiring an electrician/ CNC operator/ a little bit of a manual machinist? haha!

5. Cox Abele

Welcome to the club. Shit sucks.

6. Kerrdogg

I was going to ask you if the Sheik Shakeup was going to affect you, guess I found my answer.

7. Anthony Fury

8. ashford

9. RI85GT

6 places I have zero desire to live :doh:

Very sorry to hear Kelly. You will be ok.

10. Z06killinSBF

rayjobs.com

11. Anthony Fury

Figured they had to be better than Alabama and Virginia? :cheers:

12. Clutch1911

where are you close to?

13. Cox Abele

Uh.... I considered it a big step in the right direction when I moved from Ohio/Michigan to Virginia.

Damn. :(

14. PrecisionTurboMustang

Va is a pretty stable state...
    better the closer you get to DC.

15. TT_05_Stang

How many of your things have been stolen in VA?

anything around DC is pretty stable...

16. ronlp

I think they got that list confused with the witness protection program, aka 'six places most people cannot find on a map'. :D

x2 .......... extra so considering the time of year. :(

17. gotageta5oh

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

18. Lance

Sad news indeed. I feel like the automotive aftermarket has regressed several years in terms of a viable source of work. IDK, the china tide is definitely hit home and our economic state is making the china tide even high.

Time to move to say medical parts manufacturing? Always lots of demand and good pay scale for skilled workers. Firearms industry is booming buuuut one political shift and it sinks and shrinks as well.

I wish you luck, there's demand for people that are well beyond the average parts changer.

19. Kerrdogg

Here's the weird thing, I was watching some tv program the other night and they were spotlighting jobs in demand and one of them was Machinist. They went on to say that the experienced machinist was getting older and retiring and no one was there to take their place. The were showing manual machines, cnc, talked about positions for mechanics to fix the machines. It felt like a program made in the 50's but it was current, spoke about the average guy running a machine making $30 an hour and so on.

20. Disney Lincoln

Machinists needed in Middle, TN. My Company is hiring skilled labor all the time. They just had a job fair trying to hire 650 new employees for an expansion they are building right now.

Willing to relocate?