1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

help me pick a DBB/billet turbo for my SBF

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Sickness, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Sickness

Hi everyone - first post here :) i usually just lurk but i think i am at a point where i need some advice.

I am switching my car over from a big centri blower to a big single turbo. i want to make 1100ish whp. the motor is a 331ci sbf with afr 205 heads, custom grind turbo cam, super spyder intake, etc. all the supporting mods (a/a cooler, water/meth, BS3 EMS, etc) are either already done or are going to be done to support the power level. any other questions about the setup please don't hesitate to ask. the car may see a few street miles just to putt around and test things out, so i'll be running a radiator, but i think that's the only street car thing left in the engine bay. no a/c, no p/s, no smog, etc.

anyway, so far i've found the following options in a billet wheel/ball bearing turbo that should support 1100 whp:
    - in a T4 flange: Precision 8685 CEA-bb, Precision 8284 CEA-bb, Garrett GTX4508R.
    - in a T6 flange: Precision 8891 CEA-bb, Garrett GTX4718R, Garrett GTX5018R.

there's a ton more turbos out there that are either not billet wheel or ball bearing, and i'm not really interested in one of those. I'm trying to stay around 82-88mm inducer and 82-92mm turbine. Would rather run a T6 than a T4 since my hotside is built with a T6 flange.

Thoughts? Am i totally off base? Anyone have experience with one of these units that can offer up advice?

Looking forward to whatever feedback I can get, thanks!

Dave