1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

merge pipe opinion.with pic

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Nov 24, 2015.

1. joes69

[​IMG]#ad

I bought the 2.5s into a 3.5 from flowmaster for my new merge pipe and was wondering if the wastegate placement that we are demonstrating will work correctly.I will have two 2.5 inch I pipes running into the merge at bottom and the turbo will set on the t6 flange at top.Im alittle tight on room so that is why the wastegate would be mounted on the side of the merge pipe instead of out front where her fingers are.Out front would be kind of between the 2 pipes but just don't have that kind of room to put it there unless I turn the pipe sideways and have the 2.5 pipes come in alittle differently..Would love opinions..

2. 20psiofevil

That will work.

3. flyinhillbilly

^^^what he said^^^pressure isn't real picky. A lot of guys would like to have that good of an angle to their Wastegate.

4. joes69

im going to use the 45 degree angle on the wastegate piping but was wondering if theres a ideal spot from where the two 2.5 inch pipes connect.Basically where the 2 pipes come together is there a certain measurement from those that is ideal for the wastegate pipe location.4 inches up 6,7,8 etc.Just looking for best location...thank you

5. flyinhillbilly

Not really, you're just venting pressure through the Wastegate, and pressure always finds the hole.