1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mental Addiction Motorsports + AEM tuning and purchase

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Trentk, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Trentk

I wanted to write this up to put the spotlight on Mental Addiction and their AEM abilities. I purchased my AEM through Mental Addiction for a fair price and it was delivered quickly. In addition to this when you purchase the AEM system from them you get a base tune from Steve Cole aka oneloud5.0 and you also get 30 minutes of phone tech support from Steve.
    Steve is one of the best AEM tuners I have ever seen and I have watched Jason Siebel from AEM tune cars. Steve uses many of the same tricks that Jason uses because Jason teaches Steve. :)

I have seen Steve tune 4 AEM turbo powered mustangs from start to finish and they all run awesome. (a start to finish personal dyno tune and street tune is $300 from steve) He has also helped with Big Jay's Novi2000 347 mustang and he is about to do an 8 second big nitrous car.

I can't say enough good things about Mental Addiction and Steve's abilities. It also helps that the AEM is simply an awesome system. I am a Software Analyst and I deal with all types of software all day long and the AEM software is simply one of the best pieces I have ever seen in any industry. It isn't often I find something that I don't have any qualms with and so far the AEM is just awesome. I am using it to control my fan, my boost, 2 step, anti-lag ignition retard, regular rev limiter and soon nitrous control.

So while price is a big factor, I think support is even more of a factor when it comes to something like the AEM.

Oh yeah, you can see it in action at the Shootout in 2 weeks!

2. rao

Great - I can't wait to get my base tune.

I have been pleased with my dealings with them also :D

3. Snipe656

Trent, did Steve do a base tune on yours? I had always thought you did it yourself for some reason.

4. Trentk

i got the car running by myself. But steve has helped tremendously with all the power tuning. His way of doing things is much better than the normal simple way.

5. BlackMagic94

Mr. Norton is the man when it comes to tuning. His ear and nose are about as accurate as a LSU4.2 sensor.

6. TurboNotch

Cannot say enough about BOTH of these guys.

Beau is the man. Cannot say enough about his work ethic, business, and abilities. Mental Addiction is the only place I have never had a problem with for one reason or another. He ALWAYS takes care of me.

Steve has been an extremely big help thus far. If I get the wb and map wired in this weekend I will be using his base tune to get the car started. Then I will be taking him to tune it after I put some miles on the car and strap on the turbo. Trent does not lie. These guys are exactly as he puts them. And the AEM is a top notch system. Anyone can download and install the software as a demo and play with it. I really recommend doing this if you are at all interested a DFI/EMS. After all.. its PLUG and PLAY so basically the only thing left to do is buy the computer and plug it in.

Trent and his site are also not to go without mention. Trent has done a great job detailing every step of his installation to make it easy for the rest of us. I have followed this document to a T and everything works like it should.

All these guys know thier @#$@. I highly recommend all of them as well as the AEM EMS.

7. smokedu

Today I have been blessed too! I would like to shout out a big "thanks" to all my peeps. For without there wisdom and continued support, this purchase would not have been possible.
    Derick

bridal-shoal