1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How do i get my timing set back?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Chuck93GT, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Chuck93GT

I have a big stuff 3 and i had it tuned well i didn't think i pulled the distributor and marked everything to check to see how my bronze gear was wearing. I also check to see what the timing was set at with my light. Well the timing was at 26 before i pulled it. Now it reads 22 but when you turn the dist. it doesn't seem to move the timing but it will kill the car if moved to far in a certian direction. I'm confused and i'm sure it's something simple just something i'm not used to. Anyone know what i'm missing here? i have a crank trigger and i think all the teeth were taken out of the dist. but one for i guess the cam.

Thanks,
    Chuck