1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Megasquirt wiring question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by turbodnotch, Apr 6, 2007.

1. turbodnotch

Hi guys,

I need some clarification on two things before I go gong ho wiring this thing in. I'm using a MS I V3 with an MSD box. I'm following the diagram on DIYAutotunes website and need some confirmation of the orientation of the connector that goes to the distributor. Is the orientation in the diagram the way I'm holding the connector? And just to make sure, the TPS is a 5volt TPS correct?

2. turbodnotch

nevermind, I scrolled up on DIY's site and found ity :bah: :bang:

3. Daddy

Not to dissway you from your decision, but have you thought about the EECIV adapter board yet? It would allow you to plug in the MS and not have to modify anything in your harness.

Just a thought. It was pretty easy to wire up the MS, it was just more dishearting cutting up a perfectly good wiring harness to do so.

4. turbodnotch

I'd prefer to do that, but the harness on this car was hacked to shit already. So thats why I'm doing it this way.

5. Daddy

Ahhh, good reason then. Actually if you really want to hack it all up, just run new wires using the wires from the existing harness. It's only something like 16 wires or so.

Just another thought for you. I went the same exact route you are going now, splicing in my MS to the stock harness, and given the chance to do it all over again I would've used that as the last resort now with the available options out there.

6. turbodnotch

Very true, but the car belongs to a buddy of mine who's not really concerned about creature comforts anymore. He wants a show/race car. So I'm doing alot of the wire tucking, and wiring of the megasquirt. Since you went down the same road, I have a question about the fuel pump wining.

I have a spare tank that had the connector attached still, the two wire colors are white and red I believe, which is +, which is -. :huh:

7. Daddy

Crap I just put a fuel pump in and I can't remember exactly which is which. I'm about 90% sure that the red one is positive. Real easy way to check is if you can see the fuel pump the terminals should be marked "+" and "-".