1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

megasquirt wiring harness or diy or lsx?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Davidjz28, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Davidjz28

So I'm building a turbo 5.3 with megasquirt 2. I'm going to run 24x crank sensor and no cam sensor. My question is would it be better to order the ms harness and wire in connectors, or pull a full harness and solder in the db37 connector at the ms box? I can do the wiring either way no problem, but it's only about 35$ for an engine harness at the junk yard compared to $90 ms harness. Thanks in advance.

2. Disney Lincoln

Buy the MS harness and solder on connectors.

3. Davidjz28

Ok. I know the ms harness is nice will all wires labeled and everything but is there any other specific reason to go ms? Just asking because I can get a harness and connector for about 35 buck as opposed to the 90 for a ms harness?

4. Disney Lincoln

I like it because it's cleaner. Sounds like you would rather save the money. Either will work, so go with your gut.