1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MS 2 V3 rough idle

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by summerlin, May 11, 2019.

1. summerlin

Hey guys and gals,
    I have tried almost all tweaks to get my 1996 VW Eurovan, 2.5 liter, 5 cylinder ACU engine to run correctly with my ms 2. I have sent it off twice and finally when I can get it to start, it idles rough and dies, I smell fuel and the plugs get wet. I have played with the afr tables and after many days, I feel i am nowhere near the end. I am attaching a copy of my msq file.
    Hopefully someone may have had experience with these underpowered inline 5 cylinder ACU type motors.
    Thanks hopeing One day to use it. Its only been in my back yard for two years.

Attached Files:

2. Disney Lincoln

adjust VE table, not AFR table. Leave AFR table alone for now.

Is that injector size right? 110cc??? That's tiny!

Set ignition to Fixed for now until you get the fuel dialed in closer. Set to something reasonable for torque at idle, 15-20. Turn idle control OFF for now. Use idle set screw to get enough airflow to idle. Then go to VE table and set a large area to all the same, say 35. THen move it up and down until you get the highest idle RPM and vacuum.

Last edited: May 11, 2019