1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fitech Tuning help (maybe wrong place to post)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TurboGrilla, May 4, 2019.

1. TurboGrilla

Ive been running 6psi on my ls5.3 for like 5 month now with no problem and the AFR have been pretty spot on and on the richer side. I went to the track the other night and after the runs I did I decided I was gonna need some more boost to get me where I want to be. Any way I upped the spring in my waste gate and I, somewhere in the 11-12 psi range now. Maybe a little more because I haven't been able to WOT it because she is going lean. I have all my AFR tables maxed out as low as they will go but it still going way to lean. Im attaching a Data log file. Disregard the timing data on the data log as im not using the Fitech for timing. I have my MSD set on 14 degrees timing. Any help would be great. I just don't know what to adjust to get more fuel. Im running a aeromotive 340lph 90 psi pump. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

2. B E N

I condensed your log down to a few parameters and got rid of the low throttle input sections, it seems like the unit is doing exactly what its supposed to up until around 5k rpm. But your injectors aren't maxed out. When was the last time you did a fuel filter change? What pump are you running?

Attached Files:

3. TurboGrilla

thanks for the condense, I am running a Aeromotive 340LPH pump. I just checked the filter and it looks clean. I did have an Injector get stuck open about 6 weeks ago and I changed it out. I need to extend my fuel pressure gauge to where I can see it when I drive to see if im losing pressure and the pump is not keeping up. Im thinking its a pump issue

4. TurboGrilla

Also my alternator is not charging and in the logs you can see where the voltage in pretty consistent in the 11s do you think the pump is struggling for power and maybe not supplying what it should, considering the battery is running fans, the throttle body, everything else electrical.

5. B E N

Low voltage can mess with the injection unit as well. Since you know it needs changing start there.

6. TurboGrilla

ok thanks ill try that

7. tbird

Escpecially if the unit doesnt have injector offset based on voltage.