1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Megasquirt newbie, 92 5.0 mustang

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 302f150, Oct 26, 2009.

1. 302f150

Okay, I'm about to place my order for my megasquirt, and I would like it if someone gave me a decent table as a starting point. Its a 92 mustang, gt-40p heads, f303 cam, edelbrock intake, CAI, TB, exhaust and gears. So nothing radical, just trying to get it installed and get the hang of it before I go turbo in the next few months. Any info would be greatly appreciated on starting tips and PM me if you want my email. Thanks in advance, James

2. Kerrdogg

Not an expert but I have Megasquirt, when you set the base program up it will build a starting map for you, then you can use autotune to help fine tune it from there.

3. donlin

Yes the base tune that megasquirt generates will get you in the ball park.

4. 302f150

aaaaahhh okay, i thought i had to start everything from scratch. gonna start reading the manual indepth i guess. and then order it soon.

5. boosted88

i just got my car started a couple weeks ago, went through the typical few days of messing around with it to get it to idle correctly and fixed some problems with my engie setup, that were causing me to have a really hard time to get my car to idle... i dont want to sound like a broken record or anything, but just read up on MS as much as you can, i have no sodering or wiring experience before i attemped to build my MSII and stim, and adapter board, but everything worked out great, there are also some really good guy on this board that can help trouble shoot small and large issues, i incourage you to go MS, its a really big learning curve at first but its so worth it when you get a car to start off of a computer you built. :chacha:

6. MONTEGOD7SS

I am considering Megasquirt as well because if you get good tuning it then you can turbo anything from a car to a weedeater if you want and tune it yourself. I have played around with Tuner Studio and it doesn't look a whole helluva lot different than tuning any of the big name systems.