1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Big Stuff 3 no O2 reading will this O2 sensor work

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Chris Lazzo, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Chris Lazzo

My afr is staying @ 14.7 on the laptop I had a extra sensor from my LM1 part #021906262 I get these at the VW dealer I know the harness is different but the wires still match up.

After installing this new O2 still nothing.

Is there something I need to do in the software to calibrate the new o2 or do I simply have the wrong one?

Chris

2. Drlee50

just have the wrong one-- most places sell em for about $100
    when mine fail usually they just lock on an afr and dont move

3. Chris Lazzo

Do you have the part number on the one you get and wheres a good place to get them ?

Thanks
    Chris

4. Drlee50

http://www.speedinc.com/index.cfm

i dont have a part number-- i just call em and tell em i need a wide band for a bs3. pretty sure they are $99
    i am sure there are other places that have them too.

5. Chris Lazzo

I got a brand new O2 and still no reading I checked the wires going down to the sensor and fuses still nothing anyone know of a reset for the system or start up process that I may need to go through ?

Chris

6. Don Bailey

Some of the stuff people post is just amazing. Why do people say stuff when they don't know the answer?

The BS3 system if it is powered on and does not have an O2 sensor plugged in will display 14.6 or 14.7. This is the pullup voltage. Simply reset the system by removing the 4 battery leads, or if easier unscrew the ECU header. Then make sure you have the O2 sensor plugged in BEFORE you power up the system. Also please verify you have your calibration loaded and installed as the default calibration.

7. Drlee50

Pretty sure it was you who told me the 02 sensors from BS3 are specifically calibrated to the ECU and you have to use the BS3 sensors. And of the 6 that have failed on me, 5 have locked on an afr in the 14-15.7 range. :stupid:

8. Chris Lazzo

Thanks guys just a update I checked for injector pulse at the injectors and cylinder 1 2 3 and had no injector pulse. I also checked the injector harness and it checked out ok.
    I came to the conclusion that the ecu is bad and called Precision Turbo for a RMA. I guess that would explain the wacky O2 readings.

Props to Mike @ MD Depot in Cincinatti.

It's funny how one little problem can lead to others.

Chris

9. mrtbolt64

Jesus chris, its a wonder your not in an asylum over this B3S. Sorry to hear about all the trouble.

For shits and giggles, take a look in the individual cylinder control tab and select the injectors, make sure all the values read zero.

I put over 200 miles on mine this past weekend, this friday going to trails and testing transbrake and launches

10. David Neibert

Chris,

Glad to hear your making progress.

David

11. nealysa

After lots of idle tuning while very rich, my AFR reading has locked at 14.6:1. Guess I should try a reset and it also seems like I should purchase a few spare o2 sensors. Has reseting the BS3 worked for anyone?

12. nealysa

What do you know. Reseting BS3 and wiping the build-up from the O2 sensor has it working again. It still is probably a good idea to have some spares around.