1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MegaSquirt: Going from MSD dig 6 to Summit racing street/strip pro ignition box

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TwoFastT3s, Feb 25, 2009.

1. TwoFastT3s

Some of you know of the issues I had with the MSD digital 6. I have my new motor just about ready to fire up. I have a new ignition, the Summit Racing street/strip pro digital CD with 3 step. It's a re-labled Mallory. I used the white wire on the MSD dig 6 to the megasquirt (pin 36). Do I hook up the new box the same way? (green wire would be the wire from the MS, pin 36) See instructions below. Thanks

mustang-msd-wiring2.png #ad

Summit.jpg #ad

2. Matt Cramer

Yep, looks like the green wire replaces the white one, or you'd use the points terminal.

3. TwoFastT3s

Do you think the jumper wire is needed? Thanks Matt!

Nate

4. Matt Cramer

Looks like it needs the jumper wire. Apparently it has a different trigger circuit from the usual...