1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Blow through MAF and BOV placemement. (I searched)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Beatngu, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Beatngu

Just bought my sweet looking JGS 60mm BOV, I want to mount it between my MAF and TB which are about 12-14 inches apart.
    Is this going to mess with my tuning and AFR ? Such as causing a rich condition everytime I vent boost?

Also, it's been debated a few times I read, anyone have a good answer if BOV pre or post intercooler placement? That pending if I can't place it in
    my above location.

2. supedstang

you will need to mount the bov between the turbo and mass air meter otherwise you will be venting out metered air causing a rich condition. on a non-mass air car you can mount it wherever you want.

3. Beatngu

Kinda what I thought , would it matter if it's a couple inches before the MAF?