1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

megasquirt 1 v3 and msd dis 4 how to wire up

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by christiondavid, Apr 22, 2016.

1. christiondavid

hello I have a question I have a megasquirt 1 v3 with relay board and a msd dis4 plus, my question is how do I wire up the msd dis 4 to the megasquirt I have 36-1 trigger wheel I have vr sensor and hall sensor that I can use 1 or the other I want to run wasted spark, were would I wire the vr or hall sensor to on the relay board and the tach output from the msd dis4, I know the relay board says tach do I run the tach output from the msd dis4 to where it says tach on the relay board iam really lost any help would be great thanks much

2. Chuck L

"and a msd dis4 plus"
    In the "FWIW dept".. I'd find something else, rather than that box. I've seen many failures on them. [On turbo Buicks, at least.] I had 1, had the jumper plug, so when it STB, I could get home. It went in the trash.

3. christiondavid

That's what I keep reading that msd dis 4 are junk, I have everything to run edis8 on my build I just hate the look of those 2 ugly coil packs and spark plug wires, is there any way that I could install the edis 8 And run coil on plug ?

4. Matt Cramer

You could modify the MS1 for eight BIP373 spark outputs (fire two BIP373s from each spark output channel) and run COP in wasted spark. (Or you could upgrade it to an MS3 and run fully sequential COP if that's in the budget.)

5. christiondavid

i was thinking of the bib373 I think that will be my best bet from what I here of the msd dis4 not good kind of sucks because the msd is new