1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

maximum powerlevel for watermeth, no intercooler

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by jmstekguy, Mar 27, 2011.

1. jmstekguy

so heres the question;

How much boost or power can i run with just watermeth and no intercooler on a aluminum blocked, 5.0l stroker with 9.0:1 comp?

the turbo is a gt4788 and its a complete drag car with c16, i dont want to run a intercooler due to weight/plumbing/ and just plain being simple. i would supposed the car would need to make around 750-850 rwph at the weight its at to target the et im looking for.

anyone ran anything similar or have any ideas,

thanks in advance guys

2. 99TTGT

not a fan of water meth for that size turbo

why not run a e bay air to water in the fender.?

strait from the turbo back into the intake<the piping will be short>

another option will be carburated on alky... :D

3. jmstekguy

i hear it from a few as well, i guess a/w it is, i was trying to keep the work less on this one lol

4. wantabe

why not lose the intercooler, and spray 100% methanol ??
    you will max out any turbo u put on, in the engine parts are strong enough

5. rick90lx

Contact the guys from AIS on here and ask them, they'll give you an idea of what you can expect non intercooled. I bought a 4 nozzle setup for my 383, 80mm turbo setup, 1 injected pre turbo and the other 3 directly into the intake. Based on what you want and what I want for mine, I don't see it being a problem.