1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

map sensor(s) question??

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Flicke, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Flicke

Hello,
    I did a search first...

I have bought a msd 7562 boost controller and I am wondering do I need to run the stock (ford) efi harness into the new 3 bar map sensor that came with the MSD or just leave the wiring harness map sensor on its own for the eec-IV? So my question I guess is: Is it ok to have two 3 bar map sensors or should I get rid of one?

My car is as follows...
    mustang
    EFI 393 windsor
    s-480
    Quarterhorse tuned eec-IV
    60mm gate
    50mm bov
    air to air

I hope this is in the right section?
    Any help would appreciated.
    Chuck (flicke)

2. Matt Cramer

Is that a speed density EEC-IV? The Ford MAP sensors are not compatible with most aftermarket electronics; I'm pretty sure they don't work with the MSD box. I would give the MSD box its own sensor unless you are somehow making a GM 3 bar work with the EEC-IV.

3. Flicke

It is not a speed density setup

4. gryphon68

He is using an A9L Mass Air setup, how big a part does the MAP sensor even play in a Mass Air tune?? Does it use it at all in the fuel calculation? It doesn't seem like it would be required.

Let's assume he eventually reaches 28psi (gauge) (almost maxing out the 3-bar for the 7562), will the A9L be happy with a stock MAP sensor? is he measuring atmospheric pressure or manifold pressure? What is the pressure limit on the stock Ford MAP sensor?

5. jmstekguy

a9l uses a baro sensor, not a map sensor, map sensor was for the 85.5- 88 cars

6. Flicke

You are correct it is a barometric pressure sensor(didn't know that?) that measures outside air pressure. So I should be able to use the stock one and run a 3 bar map for the boost controller....
    Thanks for the input guys......

Flicke