1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mallory 4305M Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Turbostangman, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Turbostangman

I purchased a new design Mallory 4305M Fuel Pressure Reg. to be used on the notch. I was excited to try it because I had had such good luck with the old 4309 Mallory unit.

Mallory, for some reason, decided to change the design to the new 4305M.

The old 4309 used a needle valve that fit in an orifice and the needle was a large concave shape like a cone. The new Reg has a cup that is attached to the diaphram and sits over another cup with two orifices in it.

I have fought a shakey Fuel pressure guage since day one. It gets worse as the gas is cycled a few times and I am sure warms up.

For the whole story on that see this Thread

I thought I had it licked after the inital time I took it apart but the needle shook shortly after driving it for a bit. It has done it now ever since then. Tonight was the last straw and I am going to try and return it to Jegs for an exchange for a Aeromotive or some other reg.

Now when it gets hot it not only shakes but also drops pressure at idle and now will not even rise with boost. Luckily I am very cautious and watch my guages intently otherwise this may have gone un-noticed.

I have used Regualtors over the years such as stock replacement Kirbans, BBKs, Accels, etc to custom units such as Mallory's, Aeromotive and SX. This new Mallory is the worst I ahve ever used asside from the POS Accel reg.

I have tried everything to get this thing to work. Nothing has helped!!

I am letting everyone know I DO NOT recomend using this reg!! If you do I certainly hope you have better luck than I did.

2. gotageta5oh

Damn that sucks..

I hate it when companies screw around with a perfectly good design.

3. Turbostangman

It's official!! These regs suck major hind tit!!

I called mallory and spoke with one of their tech guys. He said return it for an exchange. Well that's all fine and dandy but I wanted to know if it was a problem with the design of the reg rather than justa bad one I had gotten.

Long story short, I had a friend who bought one and hadn't installed it yet. I swapped it with mine and it did the SAME THING!!......Few miles of driving, shaky needle, would NEVER rise with boost pressure!!

Had another buddy with a old Cartech/Aeromotive reg, swapped that on and fuel pressure is perfect!! Been running it for three days now with no probs.

I went out of my mind trying to figure out what the problem was. I checked, double checked and tripple checked everything. Nothing helped!!

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE PIECES OF SHIT!!!!