1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

making alternator bracket sbc 71 camaro

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by 68firebird, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 68firebird

just got engine back from the machine shop. Just wondering how to make an alternator bracket that will mount on tha driver side mid location.
    Thats the only thing holding me up from gettin some tickets. :(
    383 engine
    dart iron P heads 215cc :2thumbs:
    V jr intake manifold
    JE pistions
    6 inch rods
    cast steel crank
    EX comp turbo camshaft
    71 camaro :D
    Is a electric water pump releiable on the streets? which one?

2. Traction Issuez

Depends on how you want to approach it, could use some carboard to map out the hole mounting locations on the block and the hole mounting locations on the alternator and then trim the cardboard until it locates the alternator where you want it; then trace the pattern on some 3/8" or so plate, cut out the pattern and drill the holes via the cardboard, twice. Get on ebay and get some 1" or so aluminum tubing and cut it to length so that it spaces the pully out in line with the crank. Viola.

3. 68firebird

Good Deal!
    I can do! :D

Thanks

4. HAULIN IT

Here's a couple pictures of a bracket I made...By the description of what your wanting it sounds similar except on the other side. This is on a Big Olds, but the basic design still applies. The waterpump is a Proform & has been used nearly everyday (when the weather is nice) & has made Two DragWeek trips without a flaw...the temp never goes above 180*. What I did was just about how Forgery mentioned. I started with a couple tubes & a few pieces of all-thread, made some cardboard shapes & started cutting. Maybe this can help in some way, Lorne
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. Traction Issuez

For reference, found a picture

Harness.jpg #ad

6. 68firebird

got it!

Thanks

IMG_0081 (375x500).jpg #ad

IMG_0082 (375x500).jpg #ad

7. 68firebird