1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MAF problems, turbulent air at filter location on cartech

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vegastang, Apr 19, 2003.

1. vegastang

i have the 95 cartech kit. it puts the mass air down in front of the front passenger tire, very low, about where the foglight is. It sees direct airflow through the bumper cover/foglight hole.

I've been having a lot of drivability problems lately and I suspect the turbulent air at this location is causing problems.

The kit is designed to have the filter attach directly to a pro-M bulltet at this location. From what ive read the pro-Ms bullets are very picky about location. This seems like a recipe for problems.

For those of you with lowmount filters, what mass airs are you using and have you done anything special to prevent these problems? How are you succeeding with the picky pro-m bullet?

2. MSTANG

I always heard it was the C&L's that were the picky ones:confused:

3. 5.0_George

I had a similar problem but it wasn't the MAF, turns out to be i had a bad wire on the MAF harness.