1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hp turbo kit ?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by sgtsandlin, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sgtsandlin

hey i need some help i have a hp turbo kit on a 91 mustang i did have a 76mm but just recently upgraded to a gt47 88mm but i have a came up with a problem where my intercooler piping that runs into the bottom of the turbo which is also the same as the one with the blow off valve on will not line up and go into the bottom of the turbo it is off about 3 inches has anyone ran upon this problem..i would appreciate any help i could get..iif anyone needs more explaining let me know i can take pictures also...thanks scotty

2. Rotax

My guess is because the physical size difference, your old piping wont fit.
    I bought a Stage 4 from them, still not installed, with a GT4718 also, hopefully they did the pipes for it....

What did you do for the turo flange? Do you have a T4 housing on that GT47 or what?

3. arnold23

you can't expect the new and bigger turbo to fit the old piping. Just cut the piping or add a small 3" piece witha couple of coupling and call it a day.