1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking at buying a used BS3. Tell me about it since I bought it

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by skip, Aug 28, 2012.

1. skip

Ok guys thinking about using a BS3 on a 9.5 SBF with the Accufab throttle body on a carb'd intake with the fuel injector bungs on it. I will use it for that until I decide to hook up the 91 mm turbo. This will be a race car slash street car. I won't be trying to get every tenth out of the car. Basicly once I get it somewhere and reliable I will be content. So will this kit help me get where I want to be or should I be looking for something better???

Here is the kit....

BS3-004-002 Base,CAN-UDX,and DAI w/ wiring harness, s/n 3459A

2. skip

Re: Looking at buying a used BS3. Tell me about it

Anyone help me out? Will this control waste gates and stuff?

3. Injected65

What exactly is the question? From that part number it is a BS3 base system with the CAN bus upgrade to plug in a RacePak dash. It also has the DAI upgrade so you can datalog the internal channels without having a laptop hooked up. Its a good system with pretty popular options. Should work fine on most any motor. I don't have any experience with using the BS3 boost control so you might ask a dealer what all is involved there.

Chris

4. skip

Do I need something else from Racepak other then just the dash instrument? I also need to know what for sensors to use like crank and cam. I'm going to be using this for a Ford so the HEI isn't really needed. LOL The Air sensor, H20 sensor, the IAC and TPS goes into the throttle body. The IAC and TPS comes with the throttle body from Accufab. So the other sensors like the cam, crank, map sensor I will have to get. So where do I get these? Can I use a MSD crank trigger or do I want something else?

I have these other questions also...

Boost what do I need to get to use this sensor when I go to turbo. Won't be soon enough though. Will probably wait on that one.
    Basicly I bought this BS3 BS3-004-002 Base,CAN-UDX,and DAI w/ wiring harness, s/n 3459A. I have a few questions now that I have it in my hand.

[​IMG]#ad

What is this white wire for? I see it is cut but I forgot to either ask the guy or maybe I didn't know it was cut...

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

What is this pink wire for???

[​IMG]#ad

5. eades5.0

You will need another Vnet cable to go from the one off the BS3 to the Racepak, also I wired my MSD crank trigger directly into the BS3. Thats the one BS3 recc's due to the magnent type.
    You will have plugs etc not used if not using the HEI and other plug-ins.
    Get GM sensors, its all in the PDF.
    Check BS3's site out, they have great PDFs.

If I can help anymore let me know.