1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lt1, fast xfi, optispark, dual sync... what to do

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by slammed98gmc, Feb 24, 2009.

1. slammed98gmc

Im at a cross roads and not sure what is the best way to go. Ive got a 383 lt1 in my sonoma. I bought a second hand fast system last year and Im installing it now. I talked to fast today about the opti wiring and they told me that I can only run bank to bank with the opti spark. I have the ability to run a distributor since Im running a single plane efi intake on the truck which will get me back to sequential injection. Is it worth the 400 for a dual sync dizzy + 100 for a set of good spark plug wires? or does b2b work good enough? This will be used mainly for drag racing. Im looking to make 1000fwhp and go from there.

I didnt get any instructions with this system either, Ive found some on fast's website but some of them are as clear as mud and some of what Im looking for is nothing more then a schematic. Here is my question, I see in the schematic it tells me to hook the white labled points to my msd ignition, that I understand, now do I just wire 2 wires from my msd to the coil by itself or does the gm ignition control module come into play here somewhere? Somewhere in one of the schematics is says use the factory wiring for the coil and ignition control, I dont have a factory harness anymore, I pulled my stock s10 harness apart and only retained the wiring needed for instruments and starting. Im kinda lost with not much experience with aftermarket dfi systems. I see in the schematic it tells me that IF im using the factory "coil driver" to add a wire from the est to the fast harness, this is the muddy part to me. I dont know if I need it or not.

And if I added the dual sync dizzy, do I still wire the points wire to the msd and how do I wire the coil then? Can I reuse my msd Lt1 coil just relocated?

maybe someone can help, Im kinda lost at this point. Not enough expereince with dfi system and lack of intructions has made me a little :stupid:

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Instructions/XFI_ECU_OperationManual.pdf

this is what Im working with.

I posted this over in the lt1 section also and got no response, I thought I may try my luck over here.