1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lt1 camshaft advancing for stall speed

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by slammed98gmc, Feb 14, 2010.

1. slammed98gmc

I was told by Lenny at UCC that I need to advance my camshaft some due to the converter tightening that he did. He says im going to lose a little stall speed and I was right at the limit previously. I had a hard timing getting it up on the converter and 2 step to make boost for launching. I have a cloyes billet timing chain set with the 9 way adjustable crank gear when means that I can adjust the cam timing 1, 2, 3,or 4 degrees. The cam is a degreed at 110 center line like the cam card recommended. My question is how far to go with the advance on it. I have .100 piston to valve clearance now and I was told that will change aprox .02 for every 2 degrees of advance. I have have to worry about messing with the opti since that is gone. Im running a msd dual synch distributor.

IMG_2312.jpg #ad

2. BLWNLT1

Can I see a picture of that.... :D

No back to topic... :2thumbs:

3. slammed98gmc

ive got a converter single plane intake on mine though. No more lt1 intake for me.

IMG_2362.jpg #ad

IMG_2387.jpg #ad

IMG_2378.jpg #ad

4. BLWNLT1

Dude that is freakin sweet. :eek: All I see is $$$$$$$$

5. slammed98gmc

I did it all myself so only the cost of parts. Not really that bad. I need to dump the 360 performance plenum and the monoblade tb and put a 4 barrel throttle body on it with an extreme velocity carb hat. The plenum is not liking the boost and is swelling up.