1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LS swap into Fox body, can I use the factory gauges??

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by TDmkr496, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TDmkr496

I'm doing an LS swap into a Fox body Mustang, is is possible to use the factory tach, oil pressure, and water temp? Also I"m using a 4L80 trans, is there a way to hook up the factory mechanical speedo to the VSS?

Thanks!

2. PayUpSuka

Just use all the stock 5.0L Senders on the LS motor for the water/oil. Though the stock oil pressure gauge isn't accurate at all, actually none of the gauge's are really accurate.

3. TDmkr496

I think I'm going to do a camaro gauge cluster swap. The gas gauge is the only hang up with that as far as I can tell.

4. PayUpSuka

I just looked into that, that look's like a ton of work. It's much easier to get the factory gauges to work. That swap is also ment for car's that use OBD-II.

5. TDmkr496

Yeah, I'm going to use an aftermarket harness with oem pcm (I'm also using a 4L80E trans) so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Your using MS aren't you?

6. PayUpSuka

Yea I am. Ok, if your using the factory wiring and PCM then I do see it as a good option. For me, not so much lol

7. jt351