1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Tuners MPVI2

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by racin69z, Oct 12, 2018.

1. racin69z

I am wanting to get into tuning. I want to start with my 02 chevy 2500 hd and learn to tune it N/A. Then work towards tuning it with a turbo. I was looking into HP tuners. I saw that they now have this new MPVI2 out. Can anyone tell me if it is a good product? I don't really know anything about it and it seems so overwhelming.

Thanks
    Lynn

2. fastspec2

I have not used the new hardware much at all. Just a few flashes using other peoples interfaces. It has worked fine for me so far. I'm looking forward to messing around with some of the new make and model applications. A whole new collection of cars I can fuck with. I have an older interface that still has some room on it, so I'll keep it for a bit longer before I "upgrade" as 90% of what I tune with HP is GM. The software though is the same and its awesome. Unfortunately you really don't get much in the way of a manual or a how to with it, but the forums offer most of the info you will need if you read them and spend some time looking and asking. Its a steep learning curve for sure, but its worth it in my opinion.
    On your truck, start simple, pull the file and save it. Then you can start on the easy stuff. Pull some torque management, command a leaner afr, make it go open loop properly, and so forth. Spend some time learning how the logger works and what the info means. By the time you bolt the spinny muffler thingy to the truck you'l be ready.

3. Mnlx

Check out Matt Happel and his sloppy mechanics videos. He has a very good video on tuning the older 6.0's with hp tuners, and doing just what fastspec described.

4. racin69z

Thanks for the replies fellas. I am getting real close to pulling the trigger.