1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LS Heads

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by zracer305, Sep 21, 2018.

1. zracer305

2. Mnlx

I'm curious to see what you find. 313 cfm as cast without even a bowl clean up... Almost sounds too good to be true.

3. Disney Lincoln

Lift Intake Exhaust
    .200 144 109
    .300 202 154
    .400 254 187
    .500 290 205
    .600 313 214

4. Mnlx

Yeah, saw that. Pics show untouched bowls, and specs say the runners are not cnc, and nothing about cnc porting. I assumed the cnc referred to machining for guides, seats...ect.

5. zracer305

6. zracer305

What casting method did you use?

7. zracer305

Wow, Mnix wonder why Mr. Lincoln is not responding. He must be very busy.

8. Mnlx

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney is the seller. He was just posting info from the ad.

9. zracer305

I took it he was the manufacturer. Sorry!!!

10. Disney Lincoln

I was quoting the ebay ad.

11. zracer305

I'm sorry, I read it as you were the manufacturer. I know I tried to Google him and came up with nothing. Again, I apologise for and misunderstanding.

12. zracer305

I went on eBay and simply asked him "What is CNC'ed on the LS heads?" Let's see what he says!

13. zracer305

Here is his response:
    All machine work is done in a CNC ports are as cast.

14. Disney Lincoln

Makes sense to me.

15. zracer305

You mention CNC to me it's talking about the runners. So, what got CNC'ed the bolt holes?

16. fastspec2

Head bolt holes, guide holes, valve pockets for the valve seats, deck surface, pedestals for rocker stands, head face for accessories, valve cover mating surface, spark plug holes and locations, spring pockets, dowel pin holes, accessory mounting holes, probably a few other things.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  17. Disney Lincoln

First, you ahve to understanf what CNC stands for. On'ce you get that, you'll see how smart it is to have every single aspect of the head machined by CNC. CNC porting is just another thing that can be CNC, but if the castings are made using the same spec as a CNC runne,r then it would make no sense to CNC port them further.

18. Mnlx

Looking at the pics, (which are not great) the guide boss's are huge, and unprofiled so I was guessing that they're not a cast copy of a ported head, thus my comment. I personally didn't expect flow numbers like that without some work, cnc, or otherwise, but i've been wrong many times before.