1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Downtube support.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by midnightlaundry, Jun 12, 2017.

1. midnightlaundry

I was thinking about putting Flexpipes after the DT's where I marked the pipes in red. But, I'm rethinking it. I wonder if it needs to be stiff up to where it hangs under the Trans to support where they attach to the Turbos.

Maybe it would be better to put the FLexpipes at the end of the pipes at the V-Band Flange.

What do you think? Because anything I can do to keep them alive would be worth it..

[​IMG]#ad

2. T6Rocket

I would put the flex tubes closer to the turbos. The engine is what's going to be flexing, so they need to be within the confines of the engine compartment.

The mesh type ones I have had are not that long, 8-10" tops.

Al

3. Pro-SC

I would also suggest that you use a bracket to mount the turbos onto, that way you will not put so much weight onto your hot side which can produce cracks.