1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lower pitman bolt size on 93 lightning

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by turbofreek, Mar 25, 2010.

1. turbofreek

is this mother fucker metric? ive tried 1 1/4 and 1 5/16, but neither was the right size. anyone know the exact size so i can stop chasing parts stores and hardware stores to find the right damn socket? :bang: :bang:

its the bolt on the bottom of the gear box that steers the the truck fwiw

2. jt351

I believe it is 1 3/16"

3. turbofreek

you dont think its metric?

4. furchaser

33mm ..... 1 3/16" a bit small ...1 5/16" a bit big.

5. 86lxnotch

i use a pipe wrench with a 2' cheater bar lol

6. jt351

I have changed over 100 seals on those trucks, I don't believe the lightning is anything different from any other f150. All I use is a american sockets on them. that steering gear is an old design and is also held on be 3 american bolts to the frame.

7. furchaser

Don't know :huh: I did one a week ago and it was 33 mm ... Canadian vrs. American possibly ? I know that if my 1 3/16" socket had some wear it probably would have fit but it's like brand new and I would have had to pound it on and that wasn't gonna happen.