1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Low mount turbo questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BertMac, Dec 26, 2015.

1. BertMac

A little back ground here. Car is a 65/2004 GTO I call The Mutant.
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571945&highlight=

I am in the process of twin turboing this car and I will need some help, no doubt about that one.

I understand the concept of having a scavenger pump to return the oil back to the motor.
    On the APS twin turbo kit they put a solenoid on the turbo oil supply line. I assume this is so the oil will not drain to the turbo when motor is shut down.
    Is this necessary? Will looping the oil supply lines up and then down to the motor do the same thing?
    Should the scavenger pump run for 30 sec or so after motor is shut down to clear oil from turbo?

1913858_10154509660327575_5352448739997243548_n.jpg #ad

2. HAULIN IT

Let me start by saying: "Welcome to the site!" Also I went to the LS forum & checked out the build...That is BAD ASS! Nice Job!
    Onto your questions...I have no idea, You'll have to wait for someone else to help with those. Lorne

3. Mnlx

The solenoid is to prevent flow after shut down. The loop may or may not work, any portion of downward angle after the loop could still drain. Many just use a check valve with a crack pressure of a few psi to stop flow after oil pressure has dropped.

4. Forcefed86

You can (and should IMO) also use a sump with low mount scavenge systems. You wouldn't need a solenoid or check valve on the oil feed with a properly sized sump.

[​IMG]#ad

5. Turbotimepsi

This !!!
    the sump takes care of this issue ..