1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Low Air Temps Possible with Huge IC and 88mm or Bigger Turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 14chp2c, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 14chp2c

Well I have a 88 Mustang that I was thinking on putting a GT42-76 turbo and an A/W setup. But now, I was wondering if I got a huge custom A/A with 88mm or bigger turbo or even twin 76mm turbos with 15-18lbs of boost will my air temps still be too high that i will still need an A/W or meth setup? It will be a track only car, just trying to keep my setup simple, hate the idea have to drain and refill after a pass or worry if the Meth will work or not.

2. Andy Dorsett

This is impossible to answer for sure without knowing the setup.

3. 10secgoal

Going to take a guess at the hp level considering those turbos. If your over 1k, it will be tough to get good temps and a core that fits. Going to be 4.5 thick or so, 12-15in tall, and 18-24 in wide. Your pressure drop will still be about 1.5-2 psi at those levels. just for the power level, I would go A/W. You don't have to put it in the car. Put it up front like I did. Makes 1000 hp and still 60 deg temps at 21 psi.

4. 14chp2c

10secgoal, I figure you would reply to my topic, can you pm your address of your shop, I am in San Diego for the day and would like to check it out.

5. 302f150

It's on his website, but just in case he doesn't get back to this in time.

edit: wrong address

6. 10secgoal

Thank you sir, but this is the right one. Pulling fucking teeth to get web people to do anything. Website got taken over by spammers for four fucking months before they did anything.

350 Coogan Way
    El Cajon Ca, 92020

Not too hard, but gimme a call if you get lost. 619-449-1706