1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Whats better?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mustang5.0TheBest, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Mustang5.0TheBest

X-PIPE OR H-PIPE
    Both including Cats!!!! 2 on each hi-flow cats!
    im looking at h-pipe,x-pipe from BBK

X = like 12 to 20 hp
    H= like 15 to 25 hp
    but i want to know what is overall better cuz some friends are like go with H because its classic and old style performance and its better than ive heard that the new X pipe style has more flow and its better cuz the X chamber makes lots of power?

i want to run BBK shorty headers,BBK H-pipe, delta 40 flowmaster mufflers LOUD! trying to figure out better combination
    cuz i no if u match ur exhaust as most as possible its better so using BBK and BBK is a PLUS??? help me out

2. Disney Lincoln

Straight pipes.

3. turbo crazy

what kind of combo are you running? N/A, turbo, or supercharger. The difference between the X & H pipes arent big enough to notice on the street anyway. I had a bbk x pipe and original 40 series flowmasters (louder than the delta 40's ) before i had the turbo installed. But once i had the T64 in place; i ran straight pipes off the t64 exhuast y pipe into dynomax 2.5in bullets. i would stay away from chamber styled mufflers if you have a turbo because they create back pressure ; robbing you of free Hp. use a straight thru muffler and straight pipes. my.02