1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lost on trans brake and two step setup???????????????????

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by cesna150, Aug 17, 2008.

1. cesna150

all right fellas im totally lost on this topic. please explain how to use a two step with a trans brake. i read about people hitting the two step to build boost then the brake to build boost. then i haer about foot brakeing the ?????
    im freaking lost. i got a c4 with a brake and a two step. not sure on convertor stall supposed to be a 3000 but i dont know how to tell. i wired my two step on the same switch as my brake as per msd's instructions. i stage, hit the button , mash the gas and wait for the light to turn. is this correct??? cant get better than a 1.7 60 ft. launch seems real tame. hci 302 t70 3.27 28" dr. :huh:

2. cesna150

i guess from doing more research and about 4 hours of the search function i understand a little better now. prestage while footbrakeing to build some boost. stage, hit two step set 200 to 500 below stall speed, mash gas, look for boost to build and wait for green. sounds about right dont it. i guess adding some initial advance can build a little more boost also. also from doing research i found my two small header leak's can cause a large difference in spool time. :cheers:

3. Disney Lincoln

Sounds about right. You'll have to play with your car to see where you can set the two step at. I also like to throw a retard in with the two step. I can build 5# in neutral on the two step with a 76mm at 2500rpm. Without the retard it only makes 1#.

4. Enginerd

I light the 1st bulb, footbrake it until the car starts pushing forward, hold the rpms and light the 2nd bulb, then hit the t-brake and floor it. Converter flashes to 3100, then builds boost and rpm until it hits my 3800 2 step. I leave at 3800 and about 7-8psi.

5. svooh

Cruel man. Just plain mean. :-X

6. Disney Lincoln

Corky on the dance floor!