1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

tip in lean stumble on 5.0 bronco w/ mustang efi swap

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by slowboat, Mar 27, 2011.

1. slowboat

Having some trouble figuring out a tip in lean stumble on a 71 bronco I converted to speed density mustang 5.0. Hoping someone has a little insight for me. Engine is 302 ho, stock cam, gt-40 intake w/ 70 mm throttle body, long tube headers. Truck runs good all around except for this. I've checked fuel press, tps setting, tps voltage sweep, timing, vaccum leaks, grounds and the list goes on. Anybody got any ideas ? I've thought about trying a smaller throttle body to see what happens. :scratch: :scratch: Oh and it's got a c-4 with a tight ass torque convertor.

2. Disney Lincoln

Id' first go through the basics. Timing at 10-14 SPOUTN out, TPS at .95-.98, idle set correctly. Then get rid of that TB and put a 60 or 65 on it. You might also check the O2 sensors, and maybe replace them as the LT's will foul them quicker if the tune isn't working well.

3. slowboat

Done what you've listed. It is time to try the smaller throttle body. Thanks for the input Disney.