1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

front exit exauast

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbodave, Mar 13, 2003.

1. turbodave

I am fabbing up my twin kit and am considering dumping the exaust in front of the front wheels. I have long tubes, a x pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters and turn downs now and
    i like the way it sounds. Has anyone heard a set up like this?
    i am curious if it would be much louder than my current set up.

2. Traction Issuez

not at all going to sound like long tubes with flowmasters. Sounds like a small jet taking off, but not what you're used to. Much quieter, closer to stock than anything.
    issuez

3. Brandon

prob would not be any louder. there are a few ppl here with pipes out in front of there front tires

4. First5.0

just out of curiousity... is there a preferred place to dump the exhaust if not using the h pipe, mufflers, tail pipes... etc? as in, could you just let the exhaust dump wherever?

5. Brandon

well pointing it out side the car is always better for the inside drone noise thats annyoing. but then having that drone also makes it quieter outside the car.

I run a single 3 inch into 2 2.5 inch duels out the rear like stk and my car with no cat and it is quieter then a stock mustang. I like quiet cars again.

6. 89lx

I fabbed a front exhaust just to run the car. it is basically as described in the previous posts. 3" dp with a 3" dynomax race magnum bullet dumped in front of the p/s tire. It is way to loud for my taste but not any louder than an offroad pipe and flowmasters.It is alot louder than i expcted,i thought the turbo would quiet it alot more.It definately doesn't have the classic flowmaster mustang sound. Andrew

7. Silver93notch

Mine dump in front of the front tires. Its quieter than the flowmasters till you step on the loud pedal. I don't run mufflers just a 2 1/2 exhaust pipe. Haven't had any cops bother me yet so it must not be too loud. No problems with fumes either.:D

8. turbodave

Is it deathly loud when you nail it, more so than flows and dumps?

9. Silver93notch

Yes it is real loud when I nail it.:D :D But I go by if its too loud your too old:D

10. turbodave

louder than flows?

11. Silver93notch

Yes louder than flows, but not as loud as open headers. Check out Todd Aarons page for some video clips of his car running with the same type of exhaust. http://turbostang.oldwestracing.com/

12. theycallmeburnr

no mufflers??? so with a dynomax ultraflow it would be a bit quieter? is there any performance benefits from dumping it right after the downpipe?

13. Rods

i run a 3 in DP that dumps out in front , @ idle its loud butt once u get going its not badd small whistle , i had a 2 1 /2 pipe on it witch was pretty quiet but killed my power so i took it off ,, they make 3 in and 2 1/2 round inserts u can put in yr pipe tried those too , sounded like flowmasters butt was to quiet for me , u can get those from jegs or summit

14. Turbostangman

Why don't you try running a small Dynomax Welded race muffler in the dump tube.

My new car will have a 3" on and will dump in front of the right front tire. If one muffler isn't enough, I'll add another one.