1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking to create a single connectoin point for 12V for Inj's, etc

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by KEVINS, Jun 7, 2024.

1. KEVINS

On my 2002 GT there is a 42-pin connector under the hood.

Pin #9 appears to be the single 12V source for the injectors and about 4 other sensors, that divides into about 10 different 12v wires which creates a huge mess of wires making the Megasquirt bundle of wires extra large and messy.

In an effort of minimizing wires I am wanting to create a single 12V contact point that I can cleanly/safely connect the injectors and other sensors too.

How are others cleanly getting 12V to the inj's and sensors?
    Any suggestions on doing this?

ks

2. Punk.Kaos

I use a bus bar. 12v into the bar, and I can stick up to 16 connections to it via screws on the bar. Can't say its NOT still messy, but thats more because I've not done wire management yet than the bus bar's fault :p

KEVINS likes this.
  3. KEVINS

I'm looking at bus bars now. If anyone has a specific one they like that is covered/insulated can you post a pick or link to it.

ks

4. Punk.Kaos

KEVINS likes this.
  5. Wallace

Rus EFI might have a breakout board for your connector if you haven't cut the connector off yet.

6. KEVINS

I found a few bus bars from McMaster that I'm gonna try and to help clean up the wiring it looks like I need one for the coils and a separate one for the injectors:

https://www.mcmaster.com/9290T31/

In addition, I have a few wires that I need to replace and I prefer to use the same color scheme but having a difficult time finding the color that I want. If anyone has a good source for the below let me know. I've tried Digikey, Mouser, Newark, McMaster. I need 20ft:

20ga, Grey/Red..

ks

7. KEVINS

No need for new wire I got the wiring figured out.

ks

8. mld54

Last edited: Jun 30, 2024 at 8:30 PM
    B E N likes this.