1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

single turbo 400 help

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by GTX clone, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GTX clone

Does anyone have pics of a single turbo setup out of the car? I am starting to layout plans to run a single turbo on a 400 in a 72 satellite. Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to get a view of how the turbo hooks to the manifolds. Thanks

2. CUUDAK

Look through my thread below, you will see what you are looking for! Mine is a T6 S480, 400 in a A-body. I have pics of it assembled on a engine stand.

Well, it was mine! Just traded it.

3. GTX clone

Beautiful job and wow was that a long process. But thanks for the info. Mine will be much less dramatic probably 500 h.p. at the wheels

4. CUUDAK

No problem! Was and still is a long process. The new owner has plenty to do with all the "Small" stuff. I just got totally burned out and of course "Broke" lol....
    Good luck with your build! 500 hp should be pretty easy to get to. :2thumbs:

5. furious70

are you building your own manifolds or what are you thinking you want to do. Depending on where you think you want to locate the turbo, the RV manifolds and the 62-65 b body rear dump logs turned forwards may work for you. I've test fit them in my 69 Coronet and it looks plausible (no pics tho)

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/mopar-turbo-tech-forum/found!-the-best-factory-bb-exhaust-manifolds-for-turboing/msg1532174/#msg1532174

6. GTX clone

I'm unsure. Kindatrying to do a budget build like alot of first timers, I'm gathering info. to see how far I want to go.

7. 67satellite

[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    Home made from 304 s.s. Maybe not the most efficient for a 1000h.p. build,but I ain't close to that. It all fit under the hood and only had to cut 1 hole to connect a decent sized air filter behind the right front fender. a crossover pipe with expansion joint goes between the manifolds under the oil pan.

8. GTX clone

What size turbo are you running?

9. Mnlx

Those are very nice...... what size primaries, and logs? Many have made a ton of power on logs.

10. 67satellite

That's an older pic with a gt-42 Chinese. knock-off.It currently has one of the ebay gt-45'son it.primaries are2",2.5"on the driver side,and 3"log on pass. Side.I intentionally went big on the primaries to leave anti reversion step at the head/flange surface.I might add that I have since also added slip joints to the pass. Side log due expansion issues and gasket scrubbing

11. Mnlx

I bet those would support 1000 hp on 400 cubes.