1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1995 Mustang TKO 600 install questions

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by GT377, Mar 27, 2011.

1. GT377

Need some advice, converting to the TKO 600 (1995 Mustang) from the Ford Motorsport catalog I followed the suggestions for the install on the FMS parts to purchase. This is right from the 2010 and 2011 FMS catalogs

Requires Bellhousing M-6392-R58 to install in a 1979-1995 Mustang
    '¢ For 1979-1993 Mustang applications, use M-5059-A Crossmember
    (1979-1981 will require modification)
    '¢ For 1994-1995 Mustang applications, modify vehicle crossmember,
    lengthen driveshaft .625" and use Clutch Fork E6ZZ-7515-A
    '¢ 31-spline driveshaft yoke required, M-4841-A recommended
    '¢ Requires unique Clutch Disc M-7550-T302 (10.5") designed for use with
    26-spline input

From this list I ordered all of the parts from Summit Racing which has been a great place to work. When I went to install the clutch Fork (M-7515-A) sliding it through the bell housing opening it was t wide and would not fit top to bottom coming out the side of the bell housing where the clutch cable would engage it and move it forward and back to engage and disengage the clutch. Thinking this seems normal now for bolt on (meaning bolt on just means you have to modify it less that making the part yourself) I filed the opening of the bell housing to clear the clutch lever so that it would slide through and not bind when moving forward and back. Once the clutch fork could slide through enough to actually be positions on the pivot ball inside the bell housing then I noticed that where the clutch cable actually attaches to the bell housing is not in alignment with where the clutch cable attaches to the clutch fork. It is off by about 1.5 inches. This cltch fork seems to be way to long. See the pictures of the alignment below.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I think that I need to change to the 1993 clutch fork and send the M-7515-A back (which is a 1996-2004 Clutch Fork but again is what is recommended in the catalogs)

Has anyone else competed a TKO into 95 Mustang or really any other year. I don't really know why the catalog would specify a different clutch fork for a 1995 VS a 1993. I think the 1993 clutch fork is shorter in length than the M-7515-A but if the shorter one works for the 1993 with the same M-6392-R58 bell housing then why change it for a 1995?

Is the clutch fork they list E6ZZ-7515-A the same as the M-7515-A? This is the one that everyone seems to sell for that part number. I am going to call the FMS tech line tomorrow and see if they can help but thought I would as here as well to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks for any info. JR

2. Disney Lincoln

WTF do you have going on there? None of that looks right! Is the other end of the fork hooked on the pivot ball stud?

3. GT377

Yeah it was all installed correctly but he fork arm is just too long. I spoke with the Ford Motorsport tech line today and they said that the M-7515-A is not the correct clutch arm for this application. They said the number listed in the FMS catalog E6ZZ-7515-A is correct and must be obtained from the Ford dealer or Late Model Restoration or in the 7553-A302 kit. I am sending back the M-7515-A tomorrow and Summit is sending the kit as a replacement.

Thanks Jason

4. Disney Lincoln

AHHHHhhhhh.... I thought you had the E6 arm in it there. Yeah, the E6 arm is the one you need. You can actually buy them from the parts store in a Dorman brand for about $25..