1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

fp performance sefi8lo

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ins2g8r, Jun 5, 2016.

1. ins2g8r

hi all, bought this control unit new years ago for a bike project and then went constant flo. its never had power hooked up to it and would now like to run it on a 2004 5.3 with twin turbos in my rat rod i am building. anyone ever use on on a efi engine? i was told to buy a new front timing cover that has a distributor boss on it, i cant see doing it. would love to use it but not putting a distributor on a distributor less engine, can anyone help? paid 2k for new.

2. 73hatchback

I think this is the same box as the FAST Classic. You can use the FAST 24x to 4x trigger conversion box to convert GM's 24x trigger signal to a 4x trigger signal(same as a common crank trigger signal) and the FAST EDist ignition box to run the coils.
    You might be able to run the FAST XIM ls1 ignition box or the MSD LS1 box with your ECU to.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. ins2g8r

Thanks for the info, I will look up the parts. 20160609_195304.jpg #ad

20160609_195304.jpg #ad

4. 73hatchback

305001 is the partnumber for the EDist box.
    305003 is the partnumber for the crank decoder.
    The FAST classic box is the same as your FP box.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. ins2g8r

6. ins2g8r

73hatchback, are you selling your parts?

7. 73hatchback

I tried to PM you but somehow it didnt work. I live in Norway so the shipping will be a deal breaker:)

8. bobbob

Hi,

I noticed your info about the FAST edist and FAST ecu system - did you ever get them hook up?

I am actually looking for these 2 units if you still have them and may be interested in selling them.

I have a car that once had them installed, they were removed by a previous owner and I would like to replace them.

I need the older model units - the newer one - XFI 2.0 and the XIM which are the newer replacement are more than I need.

Anyway, saw your questions and the photos of the units and thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Bobbob