1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking for AEM series 1 ECU help please...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by robertc68, Dec 13, 2016.

1. robertc68

I currently have and 30-1400 for my mustang and we can't get the crank advance to sync up.I will see if I can attach the instructions.The car is ready to start and it will stutter but since we can't get the mechanical timing and computer timing to match ,it wont start.
    I seem to recall reading about non oem distributors not working with AEM or having a hard time syncing.
    thanks for the help.

IMG_2515.jpg #ad

IMG_2517.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

Are you not getting any ignition activity? When you hook up timing light, are you getting a pulse? It's really as easy as matching the light to the balancer using the adv or retard buttons. Of course, make sure you have #1 at TDC with rotor pointing at #1 terminal. Start there, then check sync.

3. robertc68

Yes there is activity.The rotor is setting right on tdc.The issue is the adv /retard buttons are not allowing us to sync.In other words when cranking the motor the timing light is flashing and we needed to advance to sync them together,but when pushing the button on the laptop to make it advance it's not changing on the balancer.

4. Disney Lincoln

Any idea how far it's off?

5. robertc68

It's off by at least 10 or 15 degrees.

6. Disney Lincoln

Twist distributor for that then it should fire and you can more accurately set the trigger offset.

7. robertc68

Got it to start, but it's waaaay fat,killed every bug within 1 mile radius.

8. Disney Lincoln

Hell yeah!!! Get injector data set right and start tuning that sucker!

9. robertc68

Well ,even though it started there are some things way off,I have about given up.Have read the manual over and over and am just frustrated .Its so over fueled its diluting the oil.I am just not sure if I want mess with the AEM.I appreciate ur help,wished I was closer but just can't seem to get it right.:(

10. robertc68

Ok it's a new day and I want to keep fighting.
    Can I get a favor ,would you be willing to check injector phasing options and see what the first number is.I know it shows injector teeth 1-8 and there at the top I think it says injector phase,not sure what number goes there maybe 0 or 3.
    I think I can figure out the taking fuel away part.