1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking for a sensor transfer curve and pinout

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Drac0nic, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Drac0nic

The sensor is PN BU5Z-9F972-B. It's used on a bunch of Fords, and has threads as well as appears to be an o-ring style setup. Was thinking about trying to push FP data into my ECU or possibly a few other applications.

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

If you haven't found this yet, let me know of a PCM you know uses this sensor and I'll see what I can find in my SCT Advantage software.

3. Drac0nic

Not a clue honestly. I found transducers cheap on ebay and may go that route in the interim. I would like a cheap, easy to use sensor at some point to monitor FP with. I think this would be perfect for a DIY gauge setup.

ED:an example would be a 2015 Expedition with the 3.5L Ecoboost engine. These go for under $30 and are threaded so there's no weirdness around putting them into something; it should be easy to drill and tap a plug or something for an adapter.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I'll take a look at some of the transfer stuff in the next couple of days when I catch up with the huge backlog in my inbox, now that things have slowed down during the Thanksgiving week.