1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

new to turbos please help

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by rickyscz28, Mar 23, 2010.

1. rickyscz28

Hey guys im have a kit made for my forged LS1 its 9:8:1 with 317 heads, i want to use a S85 on it, i race the car a lot plus drive it when is nice out. What do you guys think? is the S85 to big?

2. big dave

Gonna get better feedback with a little more info...

What are your power goals? ET Goals? More detail on motor as far as head porting? Cam, Etc?

If you can use all that the 85 has to offer then no it's not too much. If you are not looking to make big power then do yourself the favor of buying the turbo best suited to your goals or you may as well have the graph of a supra.

Not sure if that helped at all.

3. rickyscz28

i want to run some were in the 9.50 range the came is a 232/241 .596/.608 115 lSA no porting on the heads. Just been milled from when i popped the first motor

4. rickyscz28

[​IMG]#ad

[/quote]
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. IT_SS

Warning, when in operation, keep small animals and children away! sheesh!

6. Quik

are you and used to be blown?

BG turbos are so over sized in actual size it's unbelievable how much room they take up

7. rickyscz28

yep thats me same screen name

8. Quik

isnt KY doing your build? if so why asking us then, just curious

9. rickyscz28

Yeah josh did the build the reason for asking is im new to this game and just like to get as much info as i can

10. rickyscz28

what do you guys think it will spool like on the foot brake

11. rickyscz28

WELL GUYS IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME but i got to drive the car yesterday and its a turd. 1PSI but 5k and 15 by 7100 lazy lazy lazy. the turbo i got is on a 1.32 A/R i was told that i would be able to spool it but that has not happened yet. any ideas? What are you small motor bit turbo guys doing to get these things to spool?

12. rickyscz28

oh and here are some pics
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. littlebluefoxbody

It's in the tune. I seen bigger turbos on smaller motors.

14. 89RStroker

I am no expert, but that merge looks damn good, does the PSI drop when you shift?