1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking at 08 F250's, couple finance Q's

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Kellyo77, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Kellyo77

I went to a local stealership yesterday and was looking at a 4 door 08 diesel 4x4 XLT. Sticker was 48k but with all the incentives it was down to $37k. I know the employee pricing ends Jan 5th. Does anyone know what will happen after that as far as pricing on the 08's?
    I'm trading in my Lightning but not going to do very well. I owe too much on it. I may get payoff but that would be about it (I'm guessing).
    Will there be any better prices or is now the best time to get one?
    I can't afford a $700 a month truck payment. If that is the best it is going to get I will look for an 05-06 of the same variety.

Any info anyone has would be great. Thanks!

2. 7SEC_SN95

Get the best deal you can because if you drive it like I drive mine the fuel costs are going to kill you.

3. Kerrdogg

Might really want to think about that diesel purchase, I had an 04 Powerstroke and got out of it before the problems came. Had dinner the other night with a group of racers and out of the 8 guys at the table 6 of us either owned or had owned Powerstrokes, one guy just traded his 07 for a new F150, another was on his 8th visit to the dealership in 12 months of ownership (08 model), only 2 guys out of the bunch were happy with their trucks, one was a 2001 Excursion 7.3 that had 35k miles on it (wife / kid hauler) and the other was a 2006 6.0 that had ARP head studs, new heads, EGR cooler, ect installed under warranty. I know the diesels when they are running right tow awesome (heck my truck used to break 100mph in the 1/4 mile) but there are other alternatives and brands. My Pops has an 06 F250 King Ranch V10 that pulls a 24ft 5th wheel and a 16 foot bass boat behind that (I know) 8,000 miles a year when my parents leave town, mileage isn't bad and you get used to the lack of thrust, truck ahs 30k miles on it now and has never been near a dealership. I would do a lot of research over at dieselstop.com and any other Ford site before I plunked down that kind of coin again, btw if the fuel thing changes and diesel heds north again your trucks resale will fall dramatically.

When I bought my 04 6.0 I had D plan (employee pricing status) and paid around $14k off sticker, traded in my 01 Lightning and got $23k ACV (real money), put money down and financed for 24 months, 18 months later when I bought my 05 Stang everyone had employee pricing (Thanks Ford) and it ruined my trade value, thought they were going to pay me to drive off with the stang instead I had to right a check for $5k, just something to think about.

One final piece of advice, know what they are really giving you for a trade (ACV) not what they are "showing you", don't let "Employee Pricing" be your guide, it's the end of the year, Ford stock is in the shitter, dealers are faltering everyday. I would walk in there like I am doing them a favor and would be looking at paying around $2500 behind the employee pricing, btw there are still around 5200 Ford dealerships, if one doesn't play get up and walk across the street (so to speak), know the most you can spend and remember for each $1 higher a month you agree to adds up quick with interest and time. If you can afford $600 don't agree to $629 ($29 * 60 months is $1740 + interest!!) You won't believe how many people will go for that, I used to love that $$$ when I sold em. Good Luck and keep emotions out of it, it's only a truck.

4. RI85GT

that's some good advice right there.

5. Kerrdogg

I know, I gave you the speech about the Tundra hopefully it helped :cheers: . It's part of my repentince from being a sleezy car salesman in the past, hoping for good karma :0, now who needs race parts :chacha: ?

6. Kellyo77

Thank you for the advice!
    I just looked up the value of my Lightning and it has dropped roughly $7000 from what it was a couple months ago, according to Kelley Blue book. Hell, now I owe more than it's worth. Going off KBB it was worth 18 grand and now it's at $11k. I owe close to $17k on the damn thing.
    I'm not going to get upside down in a truck payment. I will just keep it a while longer. Sucks. I really need more room.
    Oh well. Thanks again for all of your help!

7. Bad Medicine Racing

I will give you 11 for it...

:D